Friday, April 3, 2009

Warmest Day in Six Months


Oh, my. Tomorrow's forecast is about 70 degrees and we're all practically dancing in the streets. Bella is exhausted after watching me and a new friend having a marathon backgammon game this morning. (Well, I lost - but there's a rematch in the near future).

Friday nights at the Lincoln Tower are a great way for the residents to get together and have a cocktail and appetizers. We consider it a social event (but you really know that we just gossip about everything going on here). It gives me a good reason to try to be discrete but that doesn't always work (smile). Lori and Pam are really excited about their visit and with the weather being so nice, we're going to be "out and about" most of the time. Kenny & Zuke's and the Farmer's Market are on the top of tomorrow's list. Then we need to hit Pearl Bakery, Whole Foods and Peets for some course ground beans for French Press. Why do I always talk about food?????? Because it's a good thing.

Today was a great day because I was able to make over $300 for a local Catholic School who had some items that needed to be auctioned. I volunteer the time and labor and they will get the full proceeds. It keeps me busy and I know that I'm doing something for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment