Monday, April 20, 2009

Home From San Francisco






It was a fabulous weekend in S.F. - the weather was beautiful and I had a chance to visit with my long time friends, Ron and Rosanna. We had lunch Saturday at a Dim Sum Restaurant in the center of downtown S.F. After lunch they walked over to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market and I went over to the auction house to do my preview.

Sunday we had a brunch at Perry's on Union and then I spent several stressful hours bidding. It was a very successful trip so in the evening I packed all the sterling and then I realized that I must have about 50 pounds of weight. I divided it into two pieces of luggage and then prayed that I could check them instead of carrying them on board. SouthWest agreed to check both bags without any additional charge so they both made it safely back home.

Now, the work begins. Unpacking, cataloging, polishing, photographing and listing them on the Internet will keep me busy for several weeks so I'm going to have to slow down on my "playing" and get to work. (Well, I'm going to try).

My refrigerator is bare so tonight I met a friend next door at the encore for a cocktail and some "happy hour" appetizers.

Tomorrow Bella gets groomed. She had a great time staying with Merry but she's definitely ready for a bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment