Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Gorgeous Saturday in San Francisco

You'll have to wait for the photos but we had a great morning. After coffee and newspaper reading we drove downtown to have Dim Sum at a popular restaurant in the Financial District, Yank Sing.

It would be difficult to describe the variety of food that they have to offer and every dish looks better the the first. We ended up with at least 6 or 7 items and there's no apology - the food was fabulous and the restaurant is elegant.

After lunch Ron and Rosanna walked over to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market before taking the train home and I decided that I needed to go to work.

The auction preview was very successful and I suspect that I'm going to spend big $$ which means that I have some work to do when I return to Portland.

The items being auctioned are from the estate of a S.F. resident Irina Belotelkin who was a couturier in France in the 1950's to 1970's and she was a gorgeous and sophisticated woman. Many of the items that will be auctioned are from Russia and they are all unique.

It's so warm and sunny here Ron is going to barbecue our dinner so we have that to look forward to.

I'm renting a PT Cruiser and it's actually fun to drive it so I've been buzzing all over S.F. with "Betty", my GPS.

More tomorrow..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment