Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday in Portland



As usual the weather report was misleading. The forecast was for thunder and hail storms this afternoon so when I left the condo at 10 a.m. I was bundled up for a winter's day. As it turned out, the sun was out most of the day. I had another class at the Oasis Learning Center - an advanced class on organizing e-mail files and using other tools. I was amazed at how little I knew. After class I walked by Jakes Grill and since it was lunch time, I stopped for the Blue Plate Special ($7.95) and it was delicious.

The day didn't start out too well, however. One of the garden units left water running and it overflowed into some of the storage units (yes mine was one of them). Water came in through the ceiling and along the outside wall. Right now my service room is full of stuff drying out and there will be more things that will have to be discarded when the water stops. Yes, it's still dripping so security guards will monitor the units through the night and try to avoid any more damage.

I'm looking forward to a great long weekend because Pam and Lori will be flying in early Saturday morning. Kenny & Zukes is already on order and the weather is supposed to be dry and in the 60s (crossed fingers). Needless to say, we girls will have lots of fun and lots of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment