Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Le Bouchon



Today I decided to take a day off from the computer so this morning a friend stopped by for some spirited backgammon and coffee followed by lunch at my favorite little French Cafe, Le Bouchon. The cafe looks more like a "hole in the wall" and it's small. The owner is the Chef and he and his wife were born in France so the food is more a country style French and always excellent.

This afternoon I'm hoping to finish the book, "The Garden of Last Days" by the author of the"House of Sand and Fog". Then Pat and I are going to a new restaurant that is hosting a wine tasting and dinner. The wine shop where I buy imported wines is Square Deal Wines and they have really fun events almost every weekend. Pat and I usually try to get to at least one a month and we've met some charming people there. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about imported wines. This shop buys directly from small wineries in France and Italy so their prices are most often less that California or Oregon wine varietals.

No comments:

Post a Comment