Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Perfect MAN................

It has been another quiet day starting with taking Merry and her friend to the airport. They are spending a week in New Orleans - and I'll admit that I'm a tiny bit jealous because I've had some wonderful times there - but - maybe I'll have a turn another day.................

After some grocery shopping at Whole Foods (a half bag of groceries for $30) and a trip to Eidelweiss for some German goodies, I've been busy on eBay again.

I just finished watching a movie "The Perfect Man" - cute but is there such a thing????

OK, all my male friends are doing high fives and saying YES......................

I've also started reading a new book by Andre Dubus, author of the House of Sand and Fog. It's titled The Garden Of Last Days and it has captured my attention from the very beginning. (I'm hoping that it ends better than the previous novel which was very sad and poignant).

A neighbor is the Director of the Portland Ballet and I've been invited as her guest tomorrow night to the newest Ballet performance. I am really looking forward to the performance and the theater is a short distance from here so we can walk over. As I keep telling you - it's a delight to live in downtown Portland. It's like a never ending vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment