Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Busy Day In Portland

Today has been very productive. Alicia, my housekeeper, came today and she and I rearranged furniture and I took care of laundry and all those household things that need to be done while she cleaned the condo. We even got my two backgammon boards looking great by shining the brass, oiling the wood and conditioning the leather. Tomorrow I have a backgammon match with a friend so it should be fun.

Tonight is "girl's night" next door at the hotel lounge and then I'm going to watch the Blazer's basketball game back at home at 7 pm. It's game number 4 of the playoffs so they have to win tonight to stay in contention. Yes, I know you're saying "She's watching Basketball???? Well, I've learned that if I'm going to live in Portland I need to get involved with at least a few sports and basketball is at least a game that I understand so I'm thinking of it as a learning experience.

While Alicia was cleaning I started designing some advertising fliers and postcards for her new house cleaning business and it was great doing something creative for a change.

eBay continues to keep me very busy and I still have about two thirds of the sterling to clean and put up for auction. It's starting to get a bit boring so I may take a few days off to clear my head.

Mike and Teresa are arriving Friday evening and I have all kinds of fun things planned while they are here. Of course, the Farmer's Market is on top of the list and then after I pick Merry up at the airport they'll be able to choose if they want to go to the Saturday Market or the Cinco de Mayo Festival at the River Front.

Saturday night we'll go to the River Front for dinner so I'm being lazy and not cooking much more than breakfasts. I'm hoping that Mike will agree to teach me how he makes waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment