Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another Farmer's Market Day









I'm sure that you're getting tired of hearing about the Portland Farmer's Market but I just had to take a few photos this morning. The flowers on my table were purchased this morning and they are a sampling of things currently in bloom here. The pretty woman with the canned items sells preserves, pickles and other seasonal fruits and vegetables. The lady in the blue apron operates a lamb farm with her husband and she dyes and spins the wool into yarn - then she makes beautiful blankets, socks, scarves and other items. The baskets hold about seven different kinds of home grown mushrooms. I bought Shitaki to make a puff pastry tart for dinner tonight - the recipe is in the Bon Appetit Magazine and I fixed it when the girls were here last weekend. The pastries shown in one photo are from a family owned business in Hood River called "Two Tarts". Their baked items are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment