Saturday, August 15, 2009

Jessica and Ryan's Wedding Day





This morning Rosanna and I went to the Bonham's and Butterfield's Auction House to do a preview of the sterling and porcelain and we found some fabulous things that I will bid on tomorrow.

After the preview we decided to treat ourselves to breakfast so we headed to my favorite S.F. cafe, Perry's on Union Street. Typically on weekends it's hard to get a table but we got double lucky today; first in finding a parking place directly outside their front entrance and secondly getting a table in the front section by the windows.

After brunch we returned to the condo and I got ready to attend the wedding of my new granddaughter, Jessica. The wedding was held in San Anselmo (only about 16 miles from S.F.) but the drive over took almost 1.5 hours because of the stop and go traffic on 19th Avenue. I got there in plenty of time so it was nice to introduce myself to her friends and family and get acquainted. Her grandmother from Eugene Oregon was there and we had a great time talking about living in Oregon.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful and everything went perfectly. The chapel is on a hillside with a gorgeous view and the reception outside on a huge patio was elegant with delicious food and beautiful music furnished by a quartet of accomplished musicians.

I'll share photos once I return to Portland. It was a beautiful and memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment