Sunday, August 16, 2009

Brunch at the Laws and Auction SUCCESS


It was another great day in San Francisco. (I'm writing this in orange so you'll know the color of my rental car). Tonight two men stopped me as I was leaving a parking space to tell me that they loved the color. Who would have guessed??

The morning started with brunch at Lori and Marks. Mia recently returned from a six week mission to Paraguay and it was interesting listening to her stories and seeing pictures from her experiences working in a small village and building brick cooking stoves for those who needed them. She stayed with a family who live without plumbing and other things that we consider to be "basic necessities" and she loved being there to help.

Mia fixed tortillas (different from those in Mexico) and Mark made homemade sausage to add to our scrambled eggs. Lori baked Mexican Wedding Cakes so the brunch was a great experience.

I left early to get to the auction in time to start my bidding. I sat near the front and I decided to be aggressive in my bids and I ended up buying everything that I wanted for prices lower than I expected.

Everything is in boxes so before I leave for home, I'll repack them and carry them on the plane to keep them safe.

After the auction I drove to Walnut Creek to spend two nights with my dear friend, Anne. She had a bottle of Malbec waiting so after enjoying a glass we went downtown for dinner at a darling Italian Restaurant, Massimo. We had a great "girl talk" dinner and now we're back at her place relaxing and still catching up on the past couple of years since we've been together. Tomorrow is a marathon shopping day so we'll get to bed early so we can hit the stores early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment