Monday, August 17, 2009

Farewell to California


There aren't many days that start out perfectly and end the same way so today was very special. Anne and I have had a wonderful time catching up with each other's activities during the past year and we're like teenagers laughing and and chattering non-stop. We did marathon shopping in Danville, Pleasanton, Lafayette and Walnut Creek and we found some darling things for Anne, all on sale. (Well, OK, I forgot to mention that I also found a few things - totally unplanned - yes, really).

We returned to Anne's place about 8 p.m. so I got busy and repacked my antique purchases, dividing them between my checked and carry-on baggage so I'm ready to get back to Portland tomorrow.

The perfect ending to the day is that now we're watching "Out of Africa", my absolutely favorite movie so we'll be up for awhile longer. It has been a wonderful weekend seeing friends and family, enjoying Jessica's and Ryan's wedding, buying beautiful antiques in S.F. and spending time with a special friend. How lucky I am............

No comments:

Post a Comment