Monday, May 4, 2009

Rainy Days And Mondays..........................

You may remember the Carpenter's Song "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down". Well, today that's where I am.......... My blog tends to always be cheerful and fun but you need to know that there are many secret moments of sadness and melancholy. I miss Gary so much. Today has been quiet - I've finally caught up with my weekend eBay sales and the house is back in order but I'm not feeling well so I have canceled my evening plans and Bella and I are going to sit in front of the fire and listen to music or I'll read a book.

I have started to date but they tend to be a "one time only" event. Those that I date the second time generally end with them telling me enough about their lives to know that I can't continue seeing them; Some examples - the one who has a part-time live-in girlfriend but wants to "see" me when she goes back to her home - or the one who has been married 5 times and is looking for #6 - or the one who has health issues and needs a woman to take care of him - or the one who has a limited income and thinks that I could nicely take care of him - and.................... on and on. I'm taking a vacation from dating so this week I'm spending time with my lady friends who are smart, make me laugh and love to entertain and dine out. I'm learning the value of having true friends - those here in Portland and my many long time friends in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment