Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day. If you're not a mother it's still a day of celebration for who you are............

This picture is a rare one because it was hand tinted. The year would be approximately 1941. My mother did not marry until she was 31 years old (to a younger man, my dad, who was 29). The adorable bald baby, of course, is me. My face was the shape of a ball and hair did not appear for real until I was well over two years old.

I won't be with family today but Lori, Pam, Mike and Teresa have all visited in the past several weeks so we were able to have an early celebration.

This morning at 11 a.m. I'm going to Merry's for brunch with a group of other "old ladies" and I know that it will be lots of fun since we're all just a tiny bit crazy and we love to laugh.

The weather today is warm and sunny so this afternoon Bella and I will take the streetcar down to Stumptown Coffee to stock up on beans and take a walk through Pioneer Plaza.


No comments:

Post a Comment