Friday, May 29, 2009

Albertina Kerr Fundraising Dinner Dance





It's way past my normal bedtime but I want to share the evening's experience with you. My friend Merry paid for a table of eight for tonight's dinner / dance fundraiser for the Albertina Kerr Center where we both volunteer our time. As her guest we were treated to cocktails and appetizers with live music for an hour when we could bid on silent auction items and contribute money.

This was followed by a fabulous dinner with a live auction that followed dessert. They raised almost $100,000 this evening and there were only about 100 people in attendance. It was called the "Mad Hatter's Ball" so almost everyone wore a hat - some very crazy "Alice in Wonderland" type hats. We had a great time with lots of laughs. Pictured are my very special friends Connie and David who have embraced me as a "mom", Bill and Nita who live on the 14th floor of Lincoln so I always get an invitation to view the fireworks from their outdoor balcony and my friend Merry who hosted this lovely evening.

The items in the center of the table are decorated cookies that we each could take home. It was a fabulous evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment