Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another Rainy Day in Portland

Today is another sort-of rainy day but the weather can fool us - ten minutes of blue sky - ten minutes of overcast then 10 minutes of rain and so forth. Since today is a Mexican holiday I decided that I must go back to my favorite new Mexican Restaurant and I'm working on a take-out taco salad as I write this.

Tonight will be a new adventure. Callie has invited me to join her at a place called "Uptown Billiards" which advertises themselves as a "Trendy and Upscale Pool Hall". They have a popular Chef who puts out some interesting food and if you book early (5:30 p.m. - perfect for us old folks) we can get a five course meal with a different imported wine with each course for only $20. Tonight the entree is Roasted Lamb Loin so this will be a treat.

This afternoon is a busy eBay day so I need to get busy and make more money since I'm going out so often.

I'm not sure if Callie and I will play pool but it would be fun to try. I figure there's a first time for everything so we'll see..........

No comments:

Post a Comment