Monday, June 22, 2009

Puerto Madero

At noon we ventured out to Puerto Madero where the Hilton Hotel is located near highrise business buildings and upscale restaurants. It's quite a distance from the apartment so we shared a taxi both ways but still had a nice long walk.

We found a nice cafe Il Gatto where we had a prix fixe lunch and now we're back to spend another afternoon relaxing and reading.

The walking bridge has a beautiful design with cables that form a sail like image. The photo didn't capture the cables but it is truly a magnificent bridge. It opens to allow larger boats to go through and it swings from the center. We were wishing that we had an opportunity to watch it open and close but the shipping lanes today are completely quiet.

The sailing vessel wasn't open for a tour so I'm not really sure what its purpose is but it is really beautiful to see.

I made a quick trip to the market to buy a couple of jars of Dulce de Leche so my Portland friends can look forward to a special dessert once I settle in back home (if they reach the U.S. without breaking in the luggage).

Tomorrow is my last day but I truly believe that I've seen and done it all. We've covered a lot of territory in just 10 days.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment