Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last Day in Buenos Aires


At 11 a.m. this morning we took an English speaking tour of the Ricoleta Cemetery (yes, I had to see it one more time before leaving for home). Ron and Rosanna were good sports and came along even though they have been there many times.

It was even more interesting to hear some of the stories and legends of people buried there. The first photo is only the top portion of a magnificent building that is large enough to have a Chapel inside. The colored area under the dome is tiny hand set tile to form a mosaic mural. The plaque is one from Eva Peron's tomb where she is buried with her family.

It was an enjoyable experience and there is so much more to share once I return home.

In a short while I will take a taxi to the International Airport. It's about a 22 mile drive and it will be commute time so I'm leaving early to allow lots of time to get there before my 8:30 p.m. flight.

Rosanna and I stopped at a bakery to buy empanadas and a few small pastries for my breakfast tomorrow morning so I'm happy that I won't have to eat any of the nasty airline food.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment