Thursday, June 25, 2009

Buenos Aires to Portland

Tuesday afternoon I picked up a taxi in front of the Lutz's apartment and bid farewell to Buenos Aires and my dear friends, Ron and Rosanna. They were the ultimate tour guides and hosts and my stay was very exciting. The ride to the airport took over an hour (only 22 miles - but - in commute traffic) and the airport operated with great efficiency with many employees who spoke English. I learned, however, to schedule at least four hours from start to finish in a foreign country as it took almost that entire time to go through all the lines and security.

I didn't fully appreciate the size of the City until the airplane started to lift from the runway and I looked out the left side of the plane to see as far as the windows would allow an immense amount of golden orange and crystal lights that went all the way into the horizon. It was a breathtaking sight.

The airlines were on schedule so I arrived in Portland at 10:20 a.m. yesterday and Merry was there to take me home from the airport.

Bella almost turned her body inside/out when she saw me at the door but I know that she and Alicia had a great time together while I was gone.

Now it's time to settle in and enjoy the summer weather. I'm looking forward to a visit from Vicki and Steve over July 4th weekend and Lori and Pam will be here the following week so........................ the party continues..........................


No comments:

Post a Comment