Monday, June 8, 2009

Pioneer Plaza on A Monday Morning



Channel 8 recently opened their new TV studio at the downtown Pioneer Plaza and they do a news program similar to the Today Show where they spend some time outdoors with bystanders. Today the plaza was filled with rows of flowering plants - I'm not sure what the celebration is but there is always something going on down there.

After a pedicure and manicure I took Max (train) to Wells Fargo. Last week I ordered Argentine pesos and I picked them up this morning. A little less than $600 US bought me $2,000 in pesos.

Ron wrote to tell me about their lunch today where they enjoyed a Pre-Fixe lunch with a full size appetizer, entree and dessert plus wine, soda or water for 30 pesos ($8 US). They ate at a French/Spanish restaurant, L'ecole which is just around the corner from the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment