Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Hour at Uptown Billiards

Tonight Callie and I are returning to Uptown Billiards for their five course dinner with wines (all for $20). This week the menu will feature strawberries in each course so we'll be having:
  • Strawberry Gazpacho, Barron Point Oyster with French Muscadet
  • Seared Albacore and Butter Lettuce Salad with Pinot d' Alsace from France
  • Alaskan Halibut with Viognier from France
  • Wild Boar Striploin with Isa Red from France
  • Strawberry Fool (dessert) with Sparkling Vouvray
The portions are small which makes a perfect sized meal and the presentation is unbelievable. Now you know why I'm not cooking at home as much as before. Plus - it's fun spending time with friends. Anyway, I have to get myself in gear for all that good food that I'll be eating in Argentina. Ron tells me that their beef is primo and also affordable so I plan to indulge...............

No comments:

Post a Comment