Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday at Cafe Tortoni

Cafe Tortoni is located in the downtown area and it is known for where the artistic and intellectual people gather for espresso, pastries and sandwiches. It was founded in 1858 and the building is beautiful with all the original columns and rococo trim.

After having pastries, Ron went back to the apartment and Rosanna and I hit the streets for a walk to the subway and then on to downtown where we spent some time shopping. Then it was time for lunch at Cafe Tortoni followed by another walk to the subway and then to another shopping area before we finally got back to the apartment. Rosanna and I can walk at a very fast pace so we were passing up most people on the street and the exercise is our excuse for eating whatever we want. (I'm sure that we'll pay the price for that later).

One of our highlights shopping today was when we went into an elegant men's store and found that the door was locked. After they "checked us out" they unlocked the door and three handsome Argentinian men hovered over us and gave us attentive service while I selected some items. I also bought two tango CDs so when I get back to Portland my goal is to learn the dance (we'll see how that goes.........).

No comments:

Post a Comment