Saturday, July 11, 2009

Portland With The Girls



The girls arrived at the airport on time but the limo service (me) messed up so on the way home I took the wrong exit and suddenly we found ourselves in the opposite direction headed for the Columbia Gorge. As soon as I realized the error we turned around to head back and within a mile or so we heard a loud noise. We thought that I had hit something on the road but it turned out that one of the rear tires had blown so then we were on the side of the freeway without a clue as to where we were located.

After several calls to the AAA they finally found us resulting in the trip home taking two hours instead of the normal ten minutes. I was feeling like a dunce for taking the wrong exit but even the AAA dispatcher laughed when she told me that she gets lost coming out of the airport all the time. Next time I'll let Betty (my GPS) guide me back home.

This morning the girls and I walked to the Farmer's Market to pick up ingredients for breakfast and dinner. Roger is here so we're all taking turns cooking meaning that we'll be eating very well for the next few days.

Earlier in the week we were told that it would be in the 80s this weekend but it's much cooler so Lori and Pam are happy that they have escaped the Sacramento heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment