Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Party Has Ended............

The Smiths and the girls are safely back in California and this has been somewhat of a "catch-up" week with lots of errands, laundry and cleaning. After entertaining guests, I learned that I need a few extra kitchen and barbecue items so we spent a day shopping and I filled the spare propane tank for the barbecue. Roger and I planted some vegetables in pots on the rear deck and we went shopping for a portable charcoal barbecue and all the accessories so we can go on picnics. If the weather permits we'll drive to Seaside on the Coast next Thursday and barbecue on the beach. We're at the beginning of a three day "heat wave" (that means about 90 degrees here) so we're enjoying the outdoor swimming pool.

Roger is completing his first week of physical therapy this week so he'll return to Springfield tomorrow. I'm already "booking" the weekend with my women friends so I'm sure we'll find something fun to do.

Yesterday the Oasis Learning Center called to tell me that they got a group rate on tickets to Fiddler on The Roof and the performance is on my birthday so I grabbed two tickets. The play is at the Keller Theater so we can walk from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment