Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MUSIC ON MAIN STREET




Portland continues to amaze me. This afternoon I learned about a free concert by a Blues Band called "Woodbrain". Between the Newmark and Schnitz Theaters there is a brick paved street that is closed for special events so tonight they set up tables and chairs on the street and we enjoyed a two hour concert for no charge. They offered drinks and food with volunteers who waited the tables and handed out programs.

A friend and I earlier spent some time in the Pearl and then ended up at the Heathman Hotel for "happy hour" - hamburgers are $4.75 and my mussels with sausage and bread was $5.50 so we skipped the snacks and just enjoyed the great music.

The concerts with different bands will be offered each Wednesday through August 26th so there's no doubt that I'll return for more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment