Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday In Portland With The Smiths



It's the day after the July 4th weekend and the city has quieted down and people are back to their normal routines. The streetcars no longer are crushed with people even though there are a lot of tourists in town.

The afternoon culminated with the three of us at Cypress Restaurant where we had a cocktail before walking next door to dinner. It was "Happy Hour" so drinks and appetizers are half price.

We had a fabulous dinner with fresh seafood served with a view of the Marina.

Earlier in the day Steve spent several hours at Powell's Book Store and Vicki and I and Bella went to 23rd Street to shop the small boutiques and shops. Yes, we managed to find things to buy so it was a great day for us all.

Before returning home, Vicki and I stopped at the Elephant Deli where she bought things to munch on while they drive back home to Chico.

The weather changed from the 90's to the high 60's today so we are back to "normal" Portland temperatures which is lovely for walking and definitely easier for sleeping at night. It truly has been a fabulous holiday weekend. Tomorrow the Smiths will drive home after breakfast at my favorite restaurant, Zells.

I included a photo of the back of my RAV 4 with the bumper finally repaired. I've been driving it with a badly dented bumper for about 5 months so it's a real treat to have it looking like new again. Yes, I was responsible for the damage - somehow a metal fence and my car had an unexpected meeting in December and it took me this long to have it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment