Thursday, July 2, 2009

A HOT Thursday in Portland


This morning, after coffee, Callie and I ran some errands and picked up groceries at Trader Joes, finished with a visit to my favorite deli, Eidelweiss Sausage Co.

We decided to get ready for the 4th early and beat the crowds but there were many others with the same idea.

It is truly hot here in Portland with a forecast today of about 92 degrees. At 4:45 pm I finally turned on the AC and it's already comfortable in the condo.

Shopping at Eidelweiss is an exciting experience because there are so many wonderful choices. On weekends and holidays they bake hams and prepare fresh made lunch meats so if you shop early, the items are still warm when they are wrapped. I had only one goal today, however, and that was to buy weiners and big buns that fit their length (almost). I couldn't resist having one for lunch so I popped one on the barbecue and it was a great lunch! I'll save the rest for this weekend when the Smiths and Roger will be here.

It is going to be a fabulous weekend with enough heat to force us into the pool(s) and jacuzzi so being lazy is on the agenda.

I had some things to do this afternoon but I made the mistake of turning on the TV where I found the Wimbledon Tennis Matches. If you saw the match between Serena Williams and Elena Dementieva, then you turned into a "couch potato" like me because it was a spectacular contest. I was hoping that Elena would win (just because the Williams sisters have been in control for so long) but it wasn't her time yet.

SO, now it's time for the news and then I may just sneak out to the pool for a quick swim. It's right next door to my unit so it's like having a pool in the back yard except that others take care of it instead of me.

Tomorrow is the start of a great weekend with friends to share good times with. I hope that all of you reading this have a great time with those that you love.

The best thing about the weekend is that Ashley is celebrating her 22nd birthday. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU DARLING GIRL.

No comments:

Post a Comment