Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday in Portland



Today was one of those chase around days; first a stop at the symphony office to buy season POPS tickets, then a drive to the Elephant Deli Warehouse where they have an unbelievable sale (yes I took advantage of it and Saturday when I have a small dinner party there will be fabulous new table linens and other little surprises). Then it was time to get my shaggy mop of hair cut and when I walked past Stanfords it just seemed right to stop for a cocktail and something from their happy hour menu ($12 for a Manhattan and dinner is quite a deal!) As I walked to the streetcar I passed a huge bush filled with these little white bell-like flowers that are amazing. I've told most of you about the Portland streetcar line so I finally took a photo. Tomorrow I'll be volunteering at Albertina Kerr Center so I'll take some pictures so you can see what a beautiful facility it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment