Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oregon Symphony POPS



Moving to Portland was the smartest thing that I've done in my life. Words cannot describe the joy of exploration and experiences that are open to its residents. Today I took the streetcar downtown and went to Heathman for lunch (yes, again). I enjoyed the absolutely best bouillabaisse in town and because there was time before the theater started, I decided to top it off with an Irish Coffee (It's still March - right?) I make reservations whenever I go and they know my favorite table (#12) and even though I dine alone, I'm treated like any important guest.

After lunch I walked next door to enjoy the Oregon Symphony Pops presentation "Soul of New Orleans" featuring Byron Stripling on the trumpet. The music featured interpretations from Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong and many others. If there was a place to dance I think most of the audience would have been on their feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment