Saturday, March 21, 2009

Portland Downtown Saturday Farmer's Market


There are some days that are just OK - then some that are a little better but when you experience a GREAT day, it's a celebration.

When I saw the sun shining this morning I knew it was the start of a good day - especially because it is the first Farmer's Market for the 2009 season downtown on the Park Blocks.

A friend and I took the streetcar to the park and we took a leisurely walk through the market. There weren't very many vegetables but my favorite people with "happy chicken" farm fresh eggs, the lovely young women who sell homemade preserves (I bought marionberry) and the flower vendors made the trip worthwhile. I know this may sound a little silly but I get really excited when I can buy carrots and onions that still have dirt hanging from them. After shopping it just seemed right to walk over to the Heathman for breakfast and then we picked up Bella and took a stroll down to the water front. As I write this the sun is shining and it's balmy out - definitely putting me in the mood for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment