Sunday, June 1, 2014

A week of good intentions...........

Where does the time go?  There were a couple of hic-ups this past week starting with contaminated water in and about 15 miles around Portland, so we had to boil our water before using it - not much of a problem for personal hygiene but - cooking was a different problem.  Trying to keep counters and hands sanitary plus the food and dishes was more complicated than I imagined.  Fortunately it was only 24 hours.  To complicate things, however, the next day my clothes drier stopped working (7 years old) so I did some research to discover that it was the control panel with an error code of F1 (which I reported to the repair people).  SO, a man comes out to "look" at it and, after one hour, tells me that he's discovered that the control panel needs to be replaced.  ($175 service fee plus $90 per hour).  He's ordered a control panel because their service department didn't have one in stock so now I'm waiting another week to hear from them so we can reschedule a return appointment.  Tomorrow I'll have a heart-to heart with the service manager................

I learned about a lot of stuff in my I-Phone camera workshop and I'd like to share the apps that I am using on my phone camera.  Each has a unique feature that makes your photos really "pop". 
  1. PS Express
  2. VSCOcam
  3. Frametastic
  4. Snapseed
  5. Overgram
  6. Flipagram (for videos)
  7. Instagram
  8. Postagram
  9. CP Pro
I just got my macro/wide angle lens from PhotoJoJo for the camera and I can get within a half inch from a subject to take a photo.  In preparation for my Photoshop lesson Tuesday, I'll get outside tomorrow to take some photos.  Roger and I both have classes at PSU tomorrow and tomorrow night I'm enrolled in a French cooking class so it's a great start to a busy week.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment