Saturday, May 24, 2014

Did you know that........................?

  • Even if you have the shingles shot, you can get shingles......................  Roger can attest to that, however, the good news is that the event is much milder than you would have without the shot - so, if you're over 60 years of age, you need to get it NOW....
  • Vertigo is very common in people over the age of 60 and many just choose to live with it.  I'm not one, so I'm presently taking less medication to raise my blood pressure and I'm taking physical therapy to find a solution.
  • Getting a message from a family member to tell me they are coming to visit is priceless.  Our guest facilities are beginning to become popular with the summer season, including Roger's brother who lives in Iran, Roger's daughter in S.F. who will be with us in June and Lori and Pam who are coming over the July 4th period..
  • An IPhone camera is one of the most sophisticated instruments available and it's portable and has the capability of multitasking.  If you're curious about the apps that you can use with your camera, let me know because I have a long list of really great choices.
  • You can buy lenses for your IPhone that allow for macro, wide angle and telephoto.
  • You can order photo reprints from Walgreen, using your phone.  I ordered a few an hour ago and they are ready to pick up.
  • Post-a-gram app (Sincerely.com) offers personalized postcards that you can write your personal message and upload a photo from your IPhone camera.  Postage is included and the finished product will be received by your contact in about four days.  I tried it today and included myself in the group to see whether this really works.  If it does, many of you will be the recipients of this great product.
  • The next three weeks in Portland are Rose Festival celebrations that include events down at Riverfront (only a few blocks from where we live), a parade, a carnival and dragon boat races. 
Life can sometimes be short - so live today, hug and kiss those that you love - and be thankful.

Mom and Lori (some years earlier)


My special and only granddaughter, Ashley


Roger's son, Brian, and Carolyn, Chris and Rachael


Roger's lovely daughter, Helia


My new grandchildren, Jessica and Ryan


Iraj, a very special man in my new life


Lori and Pam


Gary and me - my first love - 49 years of marriage

Mike and Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment