Tuesday, June 17, 2014

From Smart to Stupid in One Easy Lesson............

Last night was the first lesson, of a series of five, to learn how to use my digital SLR creatively. I've had the camera for over a year and I've taken some great photos using it - but - all my settings were on "automatic" so I was using it as a "point and shoot".  Last night a big dose of reality hit me - because I learned that I don't have a clue what I'm doing with that camera.  I still remember the basic technology from my old "film days" when lenses were relatively simple in design and everything was manually operated.  My challenge now is to learn how to navigate through all the menus and settings and make sure that the camera is set correctly for each photo.

Yes, I've even opened the manual and now it's time to learn the terminology, icons and settings........................

No comments:

Post a Comment