Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday in Portland

 
Bella and I made an early start to the day by taking the streetcar downtown for brunch at Brasserie Montmartre. They have outdoor tables and little critters like Bella are welcomed with open arms so we both had a great time and enjoyed delicious food.  From there, it was a short walk to Pioneer Square where they are featuring a fresh flower maze.

After relaxing there for awhile we hopped onto the MAX and went down to RiverFront to view the floats from yesterday's parade.  I've only lived here seven years but I'm already seeing how the professionalism and techniques are improving each year.  The floats are really beautiful and I'm thinking that it would be fun to volunteer next year to work on one of them.  Professionals design and direct the operation but the actual painting and décor is mostly done by people who volunteer.

Here are pictures of my two favorites:


No comments:

Post a Comment