Saturday, March 23, 2013

Stuff This Week

My major accomplishment this week was to learn how to deposit checks using my I-Phone.  Wells Fargo is only four blocks from here but I decided that I needed to give it a try.  I loaded the WF app and it gave me directions.  It took a few days for the money to show in the account but it was really easy.  The checks have to be photographed front and back and after clicking a few buttons, it's deposited.

We usually have at least one little electric car parked outside the complex from "CAR2GO" so I bought a membership and I got the member card in today's mail.  Next week I'll take a "test run" to see what it's like.  They charge 38 cents per minute and you can drive them anywhere but they have to end up parked within the center area of Portland.  As an example, I can drive over to 23rd Ave. for lunch and shopping (about an 8 min. drive), park and leave the car.  Then when it's time to return home, I can check my phone to see where the closest car is parked and take another 8 min. drive back home.  Cost: $6.08.  The fee includes parking and insurance.  If I keep it for an hour, the max. fee is $13.98 for the hour.  They have over 200 cars in the downtown area and they claim to have at least one available within two blocks.................. we'll see..............

Roger and I are on a crusade to get better organized.  This includes selling and/or giving away lots of stuff that we don't need or use anymore.  Today we began by getting Roger some storage components for his art work.  Then it's my turn to start "de-cluttering".

Tomorrow we're heading to Hood River for three days.  We found a condo on the Columbia River with a fireplace, small kitchen and patio that overlooks the river so it will be a nice place to relax and regenerate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment