Sunday, March 10, 2013

Another Fabulous "Our House" Dinner and Opera

Allison, Yasuko and I had a great experience last night.  Wayne Miya hosted a group of forty people at his magnificent Japanese style home.  He is standing inside the entry which is enclosed and holds huge trees and plants with a waterfall that empties into a koi pond filled with huge fish.

The evening was a fund raiser for the charity "Our House" and after being presented with our choice of wine, we entered the kitchen alcove where a large variety of sushi was served.

The appetizers were followed with an hour of opera presented by PSU graduate students who sang pieces from several different productions.  It was exciting to hear their beautiful voices knowing that their future will be exciting and fulfilling.

A huge buffet dinner of homemade Japanese food finished the evening.  The photo to the right shows only a small portion of the banquet.  The dessert course was almost as big.

I had my first opportunity to learn how to take photos with my new I-Phone and Yasuko showed me how to reverse the camera to take pictures of ourselves.  Now I need to figure out how to take a photo of myself without displaying those chubby little double chin fat layers on my neck (sob).


No comments:

Post a Comment