Thursday, March 28, 2013

CAR2GO in Portland

I recently signed up to be a member of "CAR2GO", a company that rents cars that you pay for by the minute.  There are over 200 parked in the center of the downtown area (they claim there is one available in every 2 block radius).  Usually there are two or three parked on the street outside my condo.  Today I asked Mike to go with me on a "test run" to make sure that I could figure out how things worked and we had a great time.  The cost is 38 cents per minute or $13.95 an hour.  Parking and insurance fees are included in the fee and there is a navigation system on the dash.  It was really fun to drive and very easy to park.  The inside was tight but even Mike was comfortable with the headroom and seat.  We took it to Pearl Bakery and left it there for the next person to use it.  I have the app on my cell phone so I can locate cars wherever I go.  Fun, fun......................

No comments:

Post a Comment