Wednesday, March 6, 2013

1960s Dinner Party

A few days ago a free magazine was delivered with the morning Oregonian.  As I was looking through it I found recipes for food that was reminiscent of how I cooked in the 1960s.  They looked so easy and tasty I made a couple of calls and Allison and Rae accepted an invitation to help us try out the new recipes.  The appetizer was a hot artichoke dip that we served with fresh sliced baguette.  The main entree was meat loaf but this recipe had lots of sauteed vegetables and cubes of cheddar cheese in the mixture.  Dessert was chocolate pie with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.  I'm estimating that we each ate about 3,500 calories but it was lots of fun remembering how we used to eat when we were (much) younger.  I made a point to NOT step on the scale this morning........................

No comments:

Post a Comment