Thursday, March 28, 2013

Busy day with Mike

After getting pastries and coffee at Pearl Bakery Mike and I used the streetcar to get back to the center of town.  After a visit to the Apple Store, we checked out the sales at Macy's.  Tomorrow is Mike's birthday so it was a good opportunity to buy him things that he really likes.  Our best bargain was a sweater with a $60 price tag for which I paid $6.29.  (Yeah, mom is a very big spender............)

After shopping, we hopped onto the MAX and went to the Old Town District where my favorite pizza joint, Old Town Pizza is located.  This is one of the historical buildings with a tunnel underneath that once was used for transporting cargo to and from the docked ships and also for shanghaiing sailors.










The pizza was yummy and we ate it all.  That's why I am still amazed that we had any room for donuts but - yes, we decided to visit Voodoo to get a cream filled one for Mike and a bacon maple bar for me.  I cannot fathom the number of calories that we managed to swallow today.

Regrets?  Nope.



No comments:

Post a Comment