Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Kruger's Farm Market

This morning after stopping at the Grand Central Bakery on Hawthorne I noticed a tent at the next street with a sign that said it was a farm market.  I decided to check it out and I'm so happy that I did.  The place is amazing.  Every in-season fruit and vegetable is available; most displayed in a wooden field box.  The signs indicate that everything they sell is direct from a nearby farm.  The flowers were spectacular and I just spoke to a neighbor who tells me they also sell fresh caught fish.

The photo shows only about a fifth of the items they sell so there is truly everything a cook could possibly want.  Later in the week I'm going to spend more time getting acquainted with their produce.

Portland is enjoying temperatures in the low 60s all week so we're all feeling "spring".............................

No comments:

Post a Comment