Monday, September 28, 2009

Hamburg Airport

We're sitting inside the Hamburg Airport waiting for our flight to Paris. Roger's sister was afraid that we wouldn't have any food until tonight so she cooked a huge International breakfast with food from Germany, France, Iran and America.

The airport is close to where they live so it only took a short while to reach it. It's very nice having someone to interpret so our check-in went quickly.

I spent some time in a magazine / book shop looking for something in English and I finally settled on a newspaper and a paperback book. I was going to buy a Vanity Fair but the price was 11.95 Euros (that is about $16 US). The book was only 9 Euros and I figured I'd get more for my money. Europe is not the place for bargains but it's a joy to just shop and enjoy looking at beautiful fashions that we probably won't see in the U.S. for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment