Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An Adventure Alone


Roger's medication causes tiredness and weakness so today he decided to stay at the apartment and read - - I decided to be brave and go out on my own. I had my Metro map, coins and apartment keys so I headed for the Louis Blanc Metro Station and headed for the Saint Michel and Saint Germain area. I even was able to change to another line at one of the staions without getting lost. I got off at the Metro staion next to the church that we visited a couple of days ago and I walked in the opposite direction to see some new area. I ended up in a very exclusive street with designer shops so it was fun window shopping. Once I was tired walking I stopped at the cafe shown in the photo and enjoyed a Nicoise Salad and a glass of white wine. It was outside the common tourist area so most of the people appeared to be local. I know very little French but I can communicate wine, water, and the words for chicken, beef and fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment