Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chichis - Churros - & Shopping


It's our last day in Paris so we started early. Roger's brother came to visit him from Brussels today so the men stayed at the apartment. Afran and I headed to a huge street market and went to several boutiques to do some shopping for clothes. I discovered that my size 10 to 12 is not easy to find in France. Their "one size fits all" is about a size 6. Many women here are tall, thin and gorgeous - making me wish that I was born French.

The first photo shows us relaxing over a two course lunch which included wine and French coffee for 12 Euros each.

The man is from the street market and he's making homemade churros (they call them Chichis in Paris). Yes, they are fabulous!

I just had to show you one more pastry case - the bakeries here are unbelievable.

At 8:30 tonight friends and family are throwing a party for us at a Paris restaurant so I am sure that it will be a late night. I decided that it would be wise to start packing because we have to leave for the airport tomorrow morning at about 8 a.m.

This trip has been an unforgetable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment