Monday, February 3, 2014

Using an I Phone in Another Country

When Allison and I go on a cruise to Mexico in two weeks we both would like to use our phones but we didn't know if it would be possible or affordable.  Today I spent some time with Verizon (my wireless carrier) and I learned how easy it is to gain access to International communication towers.

We both have Apple 4S so we used the web site:
verizonwireless@email.vzwshop.com

It provides some choices - depending on which country you'll be visiting.  Mexico is easy and being on a cruise ship is even easier so I learned that if I want a "Data Package" for $25, I can access the Internet, including Facebook, Blogger, Google and all the rest.  Voice calls are expensive but texts are only 50 cents to send and 25 cents to receive and that includes photos.  I'm hoping that I can still add things to my blog and emails may be available in the ship's computer center.  So.......... I'm like a teenager - eager to stay in touch with friends and family and sharing new experiences.

Now my phone's sim card has an International option available so............ maybe it's time to travel somewhere else................

No comments:

Post a Comment