Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Free Again........... !!

What a relief to see the snow melt.  Today was the first day that we felt safe driving and walking after the snow and ice for the past five days.  Now, we're actually happy to see it rain - and rain - and rain............

While Allison and I are enjoying Mexico next week (85 degrees of sunshine), it will continue to rain here in Portland so we chose great dates for our get-a-way.

Today Bella went to the beauty parlor so, of course, I was forced to have lunch at Mucca and then go to Macys to check out their latest sale.  I get all wiggley when I see a sign for 65% off plus 20% and then I use my coupon for $20 off a $50 purchase.  Today I got two pair of sandals for the cruise that started out for $160 and I paid $41.  LOVE it !!

I'm a Virgo so tomorrow I'll start to pack (sorry, I can't help it...........)

I'm sure that everyone has had an experience that ended with us saying "Well, I guess it wasn't my time to go" and tonight we had ours.  Starting to go through an intersection with a green light, Roger saw, in time, that a vehicle coming from the opposite direction was going fast and coming right through a red light.  He stopped in time but the car next to us got slammed.  The speeder ended up jumping the center island where the streetcar stops, drove into the opposite lanes and kept going.  We just got a call from the police to get our witness report.  So.......... the good news is that we still have some left............


No comments:

Post a Comment