Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring and Easter..................





OK - I figured out how to put a photo on the new blog format - save it sideways and it reverts itself.  I fear that I'll never understand that concept.  Yes, it is Farmer's Market day and I couldn't resist a couple of flower photos.  The girls left early to fly home back to Sacramento so Roger and I stopped on the way home for a gigantic breakfast at the Cameo Cafe and now we're enjoying a beautiful warm sunny day.  Easter weekend here will have lovely weather which makes us happy for all the kids hunting for Easter eggs and wearing their Easter outfits.  

There are many lovely and happy memories of past Easters when Mike, Lori and Ashley would fight over the hidden Easter eggs in our backyard.  The grandparents always joined us for church and dinner so it was a very special occasion.  It's still special for Roger and me - but in a different way.  

One of my early memories is when my parents would tell me that I had to pick fresh grass for the Easter Bunny to leave colored eggs in my basket.  What they didn't realize is that grass is moist with dew so when they put the peeps and candy directly on the grass, everything got squishy (except the boiled eggs, of course).  I'm sure that I forgave the Bunny for his mistake......................

No comments:

Post a Comment