Monday, February 27, 2012

Health Insurance...............

Last week I had my regular visit with my Dermatologist and he gave me a prescription that I took downstairs to the hospital pharmacy. Later that day I received a call to tell me that the medication needed to be ordered and, before doing so, they wanted to make sure that I would authorize the charge of $1,000. Huh??? I told them that I had insurance with Blue Cross so she said that the medication might still be expensive, but they would order it. When I went to pick it up, my cost was $20. This simply does not make sense, however, it surely reinforces how important medical benefits can be when you choose a career.

Our week is starting out with bright sunshine and crispy temperatures so the mountains got more snow this weekend. We enjoyed watching the "beautiful people" at the Academy Awards last night. Imagine the work that it takes to keep those bodies perfect - for me, at least, the "impossible dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment