Monday, September 30, 2019

ROSA ROSA at the Dossier Hotel on Alder in downtown Portland

After watching the movie, JUDY, I walked over to the Dossier Hotel on Alder to try the new downtown restaurant, ROSA ROSA.  The restaurant is advertised as being Italian but I found the menu to be more mediterranean with a sprinkling of items from Spain and Italy.  The atmosphere is relaxing with wrap around windows to let in lots of light even on a rainy day.  I arrived right at the cusp of luncheon ending and happy hour beginning so I was able to still order lunch.  They offer a three course lunch special that gives a choice of soup or salad, an entree and a dessert - all for $15.

Today the salad had a mixture of baby greens, endive and hazelnuts.  The entree was pasta with scallions and arugula pesto and the dessert was baklava.  The portions were so generous that I'm having a repeat meal at home tomorrow from my take-home boxes.  Portland restaurants just keep getting better and better ...................

No comments:

Post a Comment