Monday, September 23, 2019

Downton Abbey - Jake's Crawfish - Blue Star Donuts -- all in one day

I remember a popular song many years ago that went "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down".  Well, not today ---- and not in Portland!

The movie Downton Abbey opened this weekend at the Living Room Theater so I bought a ticket early on the Internet and I got my favorite seat at the downtown theater for today's matinee.  My daughters, Lori and Pam bought me a gift card to the theater so I let them treat me to an Irish coffee during the show.  For those of us who are "Downton fans", the movie is delightful - however - it's also predictable so if you're looking for excitement and/or action you won't find it here.  For me it was a reminder of all the lovely antique Victorian accessories that I used to sell, both in a shop and on the Internet, and the clothes and furnishings were fabulous.  

The movie is a little over two hours in length so when it finished, it was lunch time.  I returned to one of my favorites, Jake's Crawfish on Stark and 12th Avenue.  They feature a "blue plate special" that is different each weekday and, generally they are fish dishes.  Today I enjoyed a grilled steelhead with fresh vegetables and potatoes; all for only $11.95.

Weather this week in Portland is mild with a touch of fall in the air so after sitting through a movie and eating lunch, it was time to take a long walk.  Can I help it if I happened to walk by Blue Star Donuts?  Anyway, clutched in my hands was a small box with two donuts in it as I walked home - one peanut butter and jelly and the other maple bacon.  The PB&J already has a small slice missing...............

No comments:

Post a Comment