Thursday, September 26, 2019

IN THE HEIGHTS at Portland Center Stage

"In The Heights"  is being performed at Portland Center Stage at the Armory until October 13, 2019. I love matinees so today I hopped onto the streetcar to go to the 11 a.m. production.

I highly recommend it.  It's a musical with a live orchestra, latin rhythms and talented dancers and singers.  Like many musicals, the story is pretty simple but it still held my attention and the 2 1/2 hours went really fast.

At least a dozen fabulous restaurants are within an easy walk from the theater so I had a difficult decision - - well, maybe not too difficult because the first place I walked by was "Little Big Burger".  Without any difficulty, I scrapped my plans for an elegant lunch and enjoyed a bleu cheese burger with truffle fries.  Penseys Spices is right next door and Sur la Table is only a short block away so this was a perfect way to spend a Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment