Friday, December 9, 2016

WHEN YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT BALLANCE IS $0 (ZERO)

The morning has not started well.  When I logged into my email, I found a confirmation from Costco that they had received my order for a computer and had taken $1,699.99 out of my checking and savings accounts. Believe me, it's no fun to see your checking balance at $0 and money missing from savings.

The unfortunate thing about all of this is that the wheels run VERY SLOWLY so, instead of stopping the shipment of the computer, I just received a second email that they shipped it.  NO, not to me but to a different shipping address shown on the invoice (likely not a residence, but a mail pickup store).

Costco won't be able to investigate the situation until next week because (after all) it's a FRIDAY.  When I called a second time to protest the shipping of the computer, I was told they couldn't stop it until someone investigated it (next week).

The bank is VERY sorry that my money has been stolen but they must wait until Costco, sends them an authorization to refund the money (next week, probably).  Meanwhile they have also assessed my account $200 for having to make a second debit from my savings.  My debit card has been cancelled but I won't receive a new number until next week (4 to 6 days from today).

I called the police non-emergency line and I was told to log into the Internet and "fill out a form". 

Am I frustrated?  Oh, yes...........................

The message here is:
PLEASE CHECK YOUR BANK STATEMENT AT LEAST ONCE A DAY TO MAKE CERTAIN THERE ARE NO FICTITIOUS CHARGES.  THE SECOND SUGGESTION IS TO NOT ALLOW AN AUTOMATIC DEBIT FROM YOUR SAVINGS IF THE CHECKING ACCOUNT IS AT ZERO.

No comments:

Post a Comment